Abhilash Koratala, MD
Abhilash Koratala, MD
Division of Nephrology, Hypertension & Renal Transplantation
Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100224
Gainesville, FL 32610-0224
TEL: (352) 273-8821
FAX: (352) 392-5465
|MD||Kakatiya Medical College, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh, India||Medicine/Surgery|
|Residency||Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, New York||Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||University of Florida, Gainesville, FL||Nephrology|
- Dr. Koratala’s main academic interest is in studying kidney disease and hypertensive disorders in pregnancy. In women with moderate to severe kidney disease, the risk of pregnancy-related complications is much greater and the collaborative care and close monitoring by Obstetrician and Nephrologist is the key to improving outcomes. He is also interested in renal ultrasound and involved in developing ultrasound curriculum for Nephrology trainees. Another exciting part of his work is studying the role of non-traditional ultrasound parameters such as renal resistive indices in acute and chronic kidney disease.
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Obstetric Nephrology
- Renal Replacement Therapy
- Internal Medicine
- Best Graduate Award for highest GPA in medical school. Kakatiya Medical College. 2008.
- Dr N.C. Iyengar Gold Medal in General Medicine, Kakatiya Medical College. 2007.
- Best Undergraduate Award in Forensic Medicine. Kakatiya Medical College. 2005.
- Best Undergraduate Award in Microbiology. Kakatiya Medical College. 2005.
- Dr G.N. Mathur Award in Physiology. Kakatiya Medical College. 2003.
- Dr G.H.R. Memorial Gold Medal in Anatomy. Kakatiya Medical College. 2003.
- Koratala A, Singhania G, Alquadan K, Ejaz AA. Real-Time Kt/V Tracking profile as a predictor of dialysis access recirculation. Poster presentation, American Society of Nephrology Annual Meeting, San Diego, 2015.
- Singhania G, Mohandas R, Koratala A, Alquadan K, Ejaz AA. Comparison of office orthostatic blood pressure and 24-Hour ambulatory blood pressure measurements in the prediction of autonomic dysfunction. Poster Presentation, American Society of Nephrology Annual Meeting, San Diego, 2015.
- Vemuri R, Koratala A, Bhanushali K, Clapp W, Gopal S. Drug-induced Acute interstitial nephritis managed with early and aggressive steroid therapy. Poster Presentation, American Society of Nephrology Annual Meeting, San Diego, 2015.
- Singhania G, Koratala A, Bihorac A. Bevacizumab Nephrotoxicity: Case Report and Literature Review. Poster Presentation, American Society of Nephrology Annual Meeting, San Diego, 2015.
- Bhanushali K, Singhania G, Koratala A, Clapp W, Wakefield D, Gopal S. A case of Tenofovir induced Nephrotoxicity. Poster Presentation, American Society of Nephrology Annual Meeting, San Diego, 2015.
- Koratala A, Kazory A. Extracorporeal Ultrafiltration for Acute Heart Failure: Lost Battle or Lasting Opportunity? Blood Purif 2016; doi:10.1159/000451054
- Koratala A, Bhatti V. Did we do something wrong? Eur J Intern Med 2016; doi: 10.1016/j.ejim.2016.09.031
- Koratala A, Alquadan KF, Chornyy V, Qadri SI, Ejaz AA. Subscapular abscess associated with buttonhole cannulation technique of arteriovenous fistula for hemodialysis access. J Vasc Access 2016; doi: 10.5301/jva.5000605
- Koratala A, Singhania G, Alquadan KF, Shimada M, Johnson RJ, Ejaz AA. Serum Uric Acid Exhibits Inverse Relationship with Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate. Nephron 2016; doi:10.1159/000448629
- Koratala A, Esprit DH, Santos A, Womer KL. Kidney-pancreas transplant recipient with dysuria and hematuria. Intern Emerg Med 2016; doi:10.1007/s11739-016-1534-3